Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

Well...it's 7:30 PM on December 31st.

I am almost recovered from my head cold, and that makes me very happy. I'm not too bad of a whiner, but I DO appreciate feeling like my usual sparky self. I am so thankful that I have good health.

I just got back from running groups and serving dinner at Play N Stay. It's a packed house there! Always lots of fun! We'll be back over there tonight (close to midnight) for last night run and to pass out "Happy New Year's Hugs" and play the dog-toy version of "watching the ball drop". (smile)

Just in case I haven't said so recently...I love my life. Sure, it's hectic and chaotic alot of the time. Sure, the phone rings off the hook at really weird hours. Sure, I miss having a living room (the store took it over a few years ago). Sure, I see more puppy poop in a day than most people do in a year. But...I'm living my dream...and there's NOTHING like it in this world!

Granted, the real life version of The Perky Puppy doesn't look like I thought it would. There's a WHOLE lot more bookwork & paperwork than should be allowed by law. More puppies to care for=more payroll=more advertising=more $$ spent=more paperwork=more chaos, etc. Sometimes the world spins so fast that I don't know how we keep up. In 2009, we're going to get back to our roots...keep a little less puppies in the store and not dance so fast. There will still be a great selection, we'll just be working smarter, instead of harder.

We're looking forward to 2009 at The Lucky Puppy too! It's fun to watch that part of the business grow.

Thanks for your continued support! It's great to know that you are watching us change and grow and that you're cheering us on! 2009 is going to be a WONDERFUL year! We wish that for you as well!

All the Best!

Love,
Jess

No comments: