Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Uh-Oh!!! Look Out for Falling Trees!!

Remember back on August 28th, when I posted this post about the great view out of my office window?? Well check out the view after Sunday night's storm:




Yep...falling trees. Here's what was left of that tree after it's top fell off (view from my window-look at the top center of the pic, where the trunk just stops):



Here's what happened...Ness and I were at Play N Stay (in the play yards) when the tree fell onto the roof at The Perky Puppy. Then it slid off the side of the house and landed outside my window, but not before leaving it's calling card (a large branch) in the roof. Also note the marks on the siding under the right corner of my window:








We got away pretty easy I think. We've got some holes in the roof (currently covered by rubber matting) and the peak is beat up. The siding took a few hits, but that's all that we can find. Our favorite contractor is on vacation (Go figure!), but will give us an estimate soon.

This was my view this morning...my favorite heroes from Stottler Tree Service! They were here first thing (just got ahold of them last night, because their power is out too). I love these guys!!




Give 'em a call if you need tree removal: 740-425-5718. Tell Dwayne that Jessica sent ya!!!


THANK GOD THAT NOBODY WAS HURT! But I do have to tell you that the dogs at PNS were freaked out without power. They weren't fond at all of doing everything by flashlight in the pitch black. Thankfully, AEP had us back up and running just after midnight.

No comments: